19 February 2011

A heap of Brancusi hits

In November I went back to look at some photos I took in 2008 in the Atelier Brancusi in Paris. I wasn't very happy withm at the time. With a bit of work I was able to make a sort of silk purse out of a few of them so photos and so I posted them on this blog

I was a little surprised to notice that I have received over 3,000 visits to my Brancusi posts over the last day or so. It's not as if they are particularly good photos as you can see below





It wasn't until I opened Google to see why

Yesterday was the 135th anniversary of Brancusi's birth and Google had created a doodle to mark the occasion. This explains everything

I hope that some visitors will want to learn more about Brancusi. He truly was one of the greatest ever sculptors.

13 comments:

Silent Hunter said...

Well done Jams!

Francis Hunt said...

Goin' viral ... good one, Jams!

jams o donnell said...

I was puzzled why they were getting so many visits until I twigged!

Claude said...

Thank you for your posts. I love your presentations. I discovered Brancusi, in 1984, at the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario). We only have one Brancusi sculpture called The First Cry. It's so simple but with such deep poignancy: a head in the form of a womb, and a gouged mouth. When I first saw it, I cried....Then I've been learning more about him ever since. I envy your visits to the Museum. But we're so fortunate now with the Internet for the nearness and the extent of what is offered.

magiceye said...

wonderful use of light

Marites said...

quite interesting sculptures and i do like your captures of them. have a good weekend!

jams o donnell said...

I wish I had discovered Bancusi earlier. I only did so about 6 years ago. I have tried to make up for lost time Claude!

Magiceye, Marites, Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It was funny - I hadn't heard of Brancusi before - when I popped tino google and saw the pic I had to do some research. What a fascinating artist.

jams o donnell said...

I;m glad you have discovered Brancusi, JDeQ. His work truly is worth investigating

susan said...

I'm glad Google has some clever bast*rds :-) that allowed so many to find your great pictures.

jams o donnell said...

Why thank you Susan!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yep. I confess that Google helped me to educate self on that day.

jams o donnell said...

Glad to hear that mon ami!