13 April 2010

Niloofar Rahnama - Iranian Artist

Following a recent conversation with my friend Elahe Heidari I have added a new link in my Artists and writers section, the website of a young Iranian artist Niloofar Rahnama. Niloofar is 34 years old and has exhibited hwe works extensively in Iran and also in India.


I am not a great art critic - Don,t ask me to write at length about works I love -I tend to have visceral reactions to art rather than anything cerebral. That said I love Niloofar's work. It is visually striking and utterly beautiful. She is certainly a hugely talented artist. Her website is definitely well worth a visit



12 comments:

CalumCarr said...

I visited. The 2003 gallery is abs gorgeous.

jams o donnell said...

Thanls Calum. She is very talented eh?

Kay Dennison said...

I am truly impressed!!!!!!

jams o donnell said...

I'm so glad you like her work Kay

Claude said...

Thank you, Jams. This artist is magnificent. Truly gifted. She is vibrant and radiant. Her Gallery is a joy to visit.

syncopated eyeball said...

They are somehow full of light!
Also, Jams, I just spotted John Fante in your book collection; one of my favourite authors.

susan said...

Beautiful find. Her work is indeed light filled and that's a very important thing in these often dark times.

jams o donnell said...

I'm so glad you like her work. Eyeball, Fante was a superb writer. He deserved more acclaim

James Higham said...

The main thing is that she's doing it, isn't it?

jams o donnell said...

That's true James

Stan said...

This is beautiful work, Jams. Thanks for introducing me.

jams o donnell said...

My Pleasure Stan!