03 February 2010

Just over a year a go I did a post about a little brat who at the age of 11 became the youngest matador to kill six young bulls in a single fight. At the time I warned Mexican Michelito Lagravere Peniche to go off and play with a Nintendo, lest he be gored (something I would not shed a tear over)

Now it seems that he had his first taste of what a bull can do to a matador. Michelito was carried sobbing from the bullring in Cali, Colombia on Sunday after being tossed in the air by a bull nearly 10 times his weight.

His father, a retired matador himself, encouraged him to go back into the ring to finish the fight but within minutes the he was again knocked to the ground by the bull’s horns. Luckily for him his injuries were not anywhere near life threatening.

Sadly little Michelito seems to want to carry on his barbaric “sport”. Perhaps next time we hear of him will be when he is gored to death. He has had his chance to go and whack off and play video games like any other 12 year old

11 comments:

Nevin said...

you are right! He is a little brat that needs to be taken out of that ring by the ears... :):)

jams o donnell said...

If only!

Sean Jeating said...

Well, ... third time is a charm ...

Do I need say sorry? I feel a bit sarcastic tonight.

jams o donnell said...

Haha Sean! No apologies ever required

Sean Jeating said...

I think I shall make a man of this little brat. A real man. I shall invite him to Seanhenge, and whenever the brat articulates it's feeling bored, my answer will be: 'What about conjugating verbs?'

jams o donnell said...

Now that would be worth watching!

Claude said...

The parents of that child should lose their parental rights. The law should forbid a child to enter the arena. As much for the bull as for the child. I'm very serious. The sport is cruel. Even with adult toreadors. I intensely dislike Hemingway when he poetise matadors.

Kay Dennison said...

Sounds like Daddy has a bad case of what we call here in the states, "Little League father" except kids usually won't die of baseball. Is daddy nuts?

jams o donnell said...

I agree totally Claudia.

Haha Kay I never thought of it that way. He sounds just like that sort of obsessive.

Susan English Mason said...

I have heard they deprive the bull of food and sleep for at least 24 hours before the match. They also rub Vaseline in the bulls eyes so that the bull can't see properly.

I hope the sleep deprived blind hungry cow rips him a new one.

I guess I'm in the same boat as Sean and owe an apology.

jams o donnell said...

I wish the bull would wn more often.. perhaps these "brave" peoplw would not be so brave