08 May 2008

Five Things Meme

Maddy over at Whitterer on Autism tagged me for this meme. In the hope that some of us would admit to being bag owners (maybe even an action transvestite a la Eddie Izzard!) all of her tagees were chaps.



In my little world manbags tend to be hairy and with minimal capacity. However, I always carry a briefcase to work which is more like a big satchel-cum-crap depot. So here goes with five things in that bag

5 things in my bag

1. i-pod to shut the world out when commuting
2. Book -currently The Caliban Shore the story of
3. Spare contact lens case and comfort drops. I have to wear rigid gas permeable lenses for my keratoconus.
4. Ventolin and voltarol for my asthma and my shoulder which still freezes from time to time.
5. Stain removing wipes. I am a messy eater and drinker so these are essential if I am not to ruin an expensive silk tie.

Oh and a miscellany of receipts, sweet wrappers and other detritus

5 favourite things in my room, This is the living room.

1. A palekh lacquer box I bought in Moscow years ago
2. A large drawing Elahe Heidari sent me as a present last year.
3. A posable Kenneth Williams doll dressed as Julius Caesar in Carry on Cleo. It has 15 phrases including my all time favourite: "Infamy, infamy, infamy. They've all got it in for me!"
4. A nice long sofa to sprawl out on.
5. And of course a selection of furry fiends

And carrying on...5 things that you don’t do any more.

1. Smoke (Well over six years since my last JP Superking)
2. Play football which is just as well because I was an utter thug in football boots.
3. Drink more than a gallon beer during a session at the pub... Or drink anywhere near a gallon for that matter
4. Trying to get that shite novel out of me (I never had any illusions that there was a great one in me!)
5. Eat ludicrously hot corries that ar far hotter on exit than they are on entry

5 Favourite flowers

1. Fuchsias
2. Geranium versicolor
3. Aliums of all shapes and hues
4. Zaluzianskia (Midnight Candy)
5. My beloved Tree Paeony

Now to tag five people I’ll have to come back on that one.... As usual



9 comments:

Maddy said...

"Oooo er Missus!" I might have known. [Although that would be Frankie Howard.]

Well done you. I'd love to know what the other 14 phrases are. Always loved Kenneth Williams.

I'm 'researching' old time broadcasts to stick on my ipod. I'd love to track down the one where Kenneth's on the outside of the aeroplane.
Cheers

Beaman said...

I'm with you regarding the curries. :p

jams o donnell said...

I'll make a video of the doll and post it. If you can track it down try and find a BBC film about Kenneth Williams called Fantabuloso. Michael Sheen is great as Williams.

For the best eh, Beaman?

CherryPie said...

A fellow contact lens wearer, and I always have loads of receipts and train tickets in my bag that I am supposed to be claiming back from the PCS ;-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Nice meme, beautifully done, jams.

Nunyaa said...

You make me laugh, ha at the hot curries :-)

jams o donnell said...

Ooh Cherie I would bang those claims in!

Thanks Welshcakes!

Nunyaa I am tired of singing Ring of Fire after a night on the pop and curry! Just too old....

James Higham said...

Fuchsias

Always felt there was something unfortunate about that name.

jams o donnell said...

I suppose that's why they are not pronounced fuckyas!