12 August 2007

An even bigger poll lead

Gordon Brown will surely be pleased to see the opinion poll in today’s Sunday Times which gives Labour a 10-point lead over the Tories, the biggest lead since he took over as prime minister. The YouGov poll puts Labour on 42%, the Conservatives on 32% and the Liberal Democrats on 14%.


The poll indicates that the Brown honeymoon is far from over. Brown’s himself has a net positive rating of 48% ( 65% say he is doing well, 17% believe he is doing badly). This is not bad at all. I must admit that I was worried that the electorate would view Brown's succession as a case of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss". It seems that they don't.

2 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Tories scare me. I think of a whole band of big-haired blond girls, clad in mini-skirts, cracking gum, and terrorizing the food court at the mall.

The U.S. has an alarming surge of Tori activity. Why, I personally know 4 Tories myself! That's not including Tori Spelling, either.

jams o donnell said...

The thought of tories in short skirts terrorisng malls? If only they would!

I can say with confidence that I know not a single tori. I am blessed!