27 November 2006

Ole Tarantula - Robyn Hitchcock



Ole (as in Olay) Tarantula performed lived in Cleveland earlier this month. The not-wife and myself already had plans to see him in January but after a conversation with a fellow Robyn fan I know though a Yahoo Group I will be going to see him at a Medecins Sans Frontiere benefit on 16 December too.

He will be performing Pink Floyd's Piper at the Gates of Dawn along with a selection of Syd Barrett songs. It is always food to see Robyn - I have never seen him give a bad performance - especially for a good causae. It will be especially good to meet a number of people I have been conversing with online for over four years.

Expect Robyn photos on 17 December.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will be a cool gig, Piper at the Gates of Dawn what a tribute to the madcap piper himself Syd Barrett.

jams o donnell said...

It really should be tonefish. an excellent night, I hope

jams o donnell said...

I am already looking forward to it. I have met a small number of people through the internet, mostly in relation to music groups. It's not something I do frequently of course

Anonymous said...

Very true, it's always food to see Robyn, and for the money you get to see a Young Fresh Fellow, an REMer, and the drummer from Ministry. The band did a free instore at Easy Street in Seattle and it was brilliant.

jams o donnell said...

Stlaker thendencies? I leave that to the cats, Mullet!

Wow you got a treat there anonymous. I have always gotten value for money from Robyn gig but a freebie.. well you can't say fairer than that!

Anonymous said...

I saw him in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. He was, as always, brilliant.

jams o donnell said...

Excellent. I really am looking forward to seeing him next monthh.. and January

jams o donnell said...

Oh it is! It isn't as if he hasn't disappointed in the past - Luxor was not great but I got my copy free at his 50th birthday concert so I cant complain!