22 May 2006

While on the subject of Hawkwind....

Having previously left it over eight years between studio albums (1997's Distant Horizons and 2005's Take me to Your Leader) the Hawks will be releasing a mini album called Take me to Your Future in July. I have no idea yet of the tracklisting but it may well feature some of the songs recorded for but not included on TYTML. Of equal interest is the news that it will be dual format release (one side CD, the other DVD) which will feature live archive footage.

In addition there are plans to release their live set from last month's Roadburn Festival (Tilburg, Holland). If you are unfamiliar with the band or if you have heard Silver Machine and little else, the Dutch web radio station VPRO 3VOOR12 has the first 74 minutes of the set and it's a blinder! Well worth a listen I assure you.

Hawkwind Official Site

2 comments:

? said...

I found this link via Renegade Eye. The word that comes to mind is cool. I may have heard of this group: "business of the future to be dangerous".

I will check this out.

jams o donnell said...

Thanks for visitng. I hope you come back again!

The business of the future is an early 90s release that did not go down well with the faithful for being quite trance orientated. The great thing about the Hawks is that they are prepared to experiment even if they do not always get it right!